Monday, February 2, 2009

40 Adults 3 babies 2 kids and a rooster

I arrived in Njombeyesterday on a bus which normally could comfortaby hold 25 people maybe 30 we had 40 Adults 3 babies 2 kids and a rooster. Yeah the bus pulled over for a minute at one point and a lady handed the driver a rooster...I don't know why! I had butts in my face...feeding babies to my right and anotyher seat in front of me which made my knees very unhappy...quite the adventure for 5 hours! It was a blast lookingt back on it.
Njombe is a very neat town as I have seen so far...I have a mother and father figure in this house so things are a lot different. Ihave 2 brothers one is 23and the other is 11. I will e learing how to cook a lot more here. It is oing to be harder much I will be experiencing a lot more. My "brother" Kevin is very nice. He has shown me around a lot and will be great for my Kiswahili learning which is going well for me.
Things are crazy havin to readjust to a new family again., but I think I will settle in soon. I cooked eggs this morning...yes and I do not like eggs so....whoopie! My family said they were veryu good (thanks dad! I learned that from you!)
I will check in soon when I have settled in.
Sorry for spelling errors...this keyboard is rather bad

6 comments:

Hopeful Weird Wonder said...

That sounds awesome Kyler! I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

UFnAL said...

That sounds just like a scene from a movie I have seen. It was in Mexico rather than Africa though. I hope you are taking notes so that you can use some of this stuff in upcoming films. I cannot imagine you eating breakfast or eggs! Maybe this trip is going to change your eating habits for the better? A gorgeous little snow here this morning. Stay safe, love, UF

Kim said...

Today in Bartending School (aka, my next attempt at income) I learned how to pour the perfect pint of Guinness:

(Ahem)

Holding the glass a 45% angle, bring tap handle down towards you (Guinness taps go two ways) and fill half way.

Let it sit on the bar for a minute until it is almost all black (This is important, and often skipped by bartenders, unless you're in Ireland: they know better).

Next, put it underneath the tap and push the handle AWAY from you and pour straight down.

All this will give you the right amount of head.

Now, when you come back from Africa, I can pour you the perfect pint! I can also make you Irish Car Bombs. Dream on that ;-)

Oh! Speaking of eggs (which I am very impressed you cooked. Going to Africa was good for something) You think you hate eggs now... there's a drink in my manual called a Red Eye: Its a 1/2 pint of Lager Beer, tomato juice, and raw egg yoke floated on top.

You're bus story is hilarious! The title is equally hysterical. It sounds like a sitcom; forget the " Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" or "2 and a Half Men", we got 40 adults, 3 babies, 2 kids and a rooster! Beat that NBC!

Is Kevin the 23 year old or 11 year old?

Can't wait to hear more!

Jess said...

I'm with Kim! But I think it sounds more like the title of a Simon & Garfunkel-esque ballad...

...hey, that's not a bad idea.

Kim said...

Hm... a ballad, huh Jess?... what should we do about that? :-) hehehe (maniacal chuckle)

Lauren Oh! said...

Kyler, I went to this PR firm in the South End to drop off some footage from their affiliate organization, and I walked out with the secretary's pledge to stop buying bottled water for their clients. And a job.

YAAAAAHOO!

Not all of us are deadbeats mooching off of Tanzanians, mind you. GET A JOB, you worthless hippie!!