Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation Slowly Closing

Sadly vacation is coming to a close. I am in Dar es Salaam after a great few days in Zanzibar lounging on the beach etc. I will be here for a night then Iringa for a night then...BACK TO KIJINI (village).
This vacation has been a relaxing and enjoyable time which was necessary as I head toward beginning the second long round of village work. With a fresh mind and new perspective, I will be returning to village to focus on the things that work...not those that are frustrating as mentioned previously. I am going to take on a more observatory role to look at this small example of how things are in rural Tanzania and take note of the cultural and foreign causes of the good and the bad. Also, I will be working on a new approach for myself toward the situations that have failed previously and caused much of the stress and disappointment prior to vacation.
Deep Breath!! (haha)
Just letting you all into my new plan of attack and the plan for the next few weeks!
I will probably check the blog and my email one more time before heading to village. Ask away about the safaris, Zanzibar, the great pilau and food in Zanzibar, (spices everywhere), the city of Dar and more...then i am out of reach via computer for 3 weeks!

1 comment:

Khari said...

oooodddeeeelaaaleee. You missed a good BBQ. The 4th was fun. I think fun was had by all. Wally came too with friends who were great and we all had a major farm camp out. You should try to peek at pics posted you know where....Doodle was dirty all weekend in the pond and creek and your pony was great. I rode him to the party as well.